Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekend in Kesh!

7-20
So I finally got to Marakesh this past weekend! I met up with my family for a wedding and got to see lots of he city too afterwords since the wedding was only the first night. I also got some beautiful hena done for the wedding by one of the neighbors right before I left. So I only saw the last night of the wedding on Friday and it was winding down so it was nice but very low key. I did get to wear my traditional Moroccan dress which was fun. I got lots of stares and “look at the tarameet (foreigner) in the Kaftan!” Once the wedding was over and we made into the actual city of Marakesh I got a tour, did some shopping, and just walked around since there are always things to see; whether it’s a snake charmer, a street performer, or just the architecture and the city itself. I made it back Sunday but I have a week before I leave for a training up in Azrou (by Fez) for two weeks. It's up north in the mountains so it'll be nice to get away from the heat here in Tiznit at least for a little bit.

Alright, take care and I’ll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Faddy,

    UPDATE YOUR (explicit) BLOG.

    Sincerely,
    Hssna

    ReplyDelete