Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the run!

So after several sedentary months I finally started running again this week! It’s been a battle since my family doesn’t understand why a woman would want to do anything physical like that and because they insist I always take my 14y/o host niece with me who hates running. I finally convinced her though and let me tell you!...the scenery is beautiful! I’m in the foothills of the Anti-Atlas and its pretty deserty so there’s lots of cacti and palm trees but there’s also lots of geraniums and other beautiful flowering plants. The area where I run is also neat because there are lots of little adobe structures all around. It’s beautiful but I do have to be very careful since the heat can be brutal and I can’t run near where the men congregate. It’s funny when we do pass people though the different responses we get. We’ve gotten everything from scornful disbelief to people joining in with us which is pretty funny when they’re wearing their jalabas and sandals. Whatever works I guess…as long as you’re getting the exercise right?! ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment